Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thoughts on Pepperdine...

Well, my intention of giving you updates after each class or each day obviously failed.  Let me say however, that it was a wonderful lectureship, perhaps the best I've been to in years.  There were so many fantastic classes being offered each hour that it made it very difficult to choose.  Thank God for CD's because the church will be bringing home quite a few of the classes.  I encourage all of you to check them out at the office.  I'll try to remember to drop a schedule by so you can see what the classes were about, but I highly recommend getting in there and listening to these dynamic, Christ-filled speakers.
A few themes really stuck out this year to me, and I think they were about redrawing our lines, emphasizing inclusion over exclusion, and focusing on the work in the world as opposed to the issues in the church.  It was emboldening, enlightening, and challenging.  One takeaway for me was this statement: "Jesus didn't come to start a new religion, He came to reveal the Father."  Just some food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment